RADS Digitized

This site is brought to you by Roz & Dan, dedicated to pass your time and entertain you...Enjoy!




Taken at Leif and Andrea's housewarming, January 2005

EMAIL & MSN: rozzy21@hotmail.com

9.20.2004

So today was the big, scary presentation day...which actually turned out to be surprisingly, TOTALLY LAID BACK! Everyone (including myself) was stressing out over nothing! The prof was laid back, and she admitted that she didn't expect us to have both texts read by today because of the presentation. She acknowledged that it was unrealistic to have all the work done.

The class goes from 9:30AM to 5PM. For the first half of the day, we focused on theory, which seems dry, but actually I had alot of fun because we got to interact and do case scenarios in groups. Then, a couple of my classmates and I went out to a restaurant in Lacombe for lunch. We came back and the rest of the class were presentations.

I volunteered to present first, since I was excited and anxious to get it over and done with. Kam's dad had lent me his state of the art laptop and laser pointer to use for my presentation. It was the laser pointer that got me eager to present...that thing is COOL! Ok, now I'm known as the "ultra tech geek" in my class, but whatever. I think I ended up doing a pretty good presentation.

The stupid thing about the school is that we needed to provide our own laptop and adapter (for the TV, so that we could project Powerpoint onto there). Well, Kam went out and bought me this stupid little adapter thing, which costed me $18, but it actually came in handy. It's this tiny little thing that's the size of an AA battery, and it's $18! Ridiculous! I was not impressed, but I needed it in order to present. So I'm hoping it's not going to be a one-time use.

Overall, this course is not going to be as intense as I expected it to be, but I'm glad that I was overprepared, rather than underprepared. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home