RADS Digitized

This site is brought to you by Roz & Dan, dedicated to pass your time and entertain you...Enjoy!




Taken at Leif and Andrea's housewarming, January 2005

EMAIL & MSN: rozzy21@hotmail.com

10.07.2004

Yesterday, as I was leaving the Fort Sask. Prison, Kelly (the intern) walked me out. At the same time, there was an inmate outside the hallway, behind a glass door staring at us (or was she in a daze?). She looked like Cameron Diaz in "Being John Malkovich", except not as attractive and twice the scariness. Oh, and her hair was even wilder, messier and knottier than this:



I made the comment that she had CRRRRAAAAZZZZY hair, after being a safe distance from the inmate (even though she was behind the glass door), but somehow I didn't think it'd be appropriate to say something if there was even a slight chance of her having super duper hearing.

Me: Wow!!! She had CRRRAAAAAZZZZY hair!!!!!!

Kelly: Oh! I'm glad you could tell that she's a SHE !

Me: What do you mean?!

Kelly: Because she is actually a he . She has male anatomy, but she lives her life like a female.

Me: But...she...looked...so..much...like a woman!!!

Kelly: I know. I don't even think she had plastic surgery done on her face.

Me: Where does she stay then, since she obviously can't stay in the male dorms because she looks female, but she obviously can't stay in the female dorms since she has a penis...wait...does she have boobs?!

Kelly: No, she doesn't...completely male anatomy. She stays in the ATU (a special unit that is sensitive to homosexuals and other sexual disorders).

So that was my interesting indirect encounter with an inmate.

That's not all though...

While I was waiting for Will to get out of his meeting, I had asked Kelly if she gets sexually harassed alot by the inmates, since she's young, female and attractive. She says that there's alot of whistling whenever you walk by, and some joke about going on a date with her after they get out of jail (ooh, that's attractive!!!), but most of them are harmless and not serious. Mostly, they are just funny.

So later on, at one point when Will was taking me through another building on the jail grounds, I had to walk past a bunch of inmates dressed like chefs in a cafeteria. Well, of course...being young and female...(and supposedly...attractive), I got cat-called alot. Ugh. I am sure I was blushing like crazy, but luckily, Will is a big man, and I was able to hide my facial expression behind him, as we walked by the cafeteria. I think Will was oblivious to it because he just kept talking to me as if everything was normal, which thank god, was what I wanted him to do. It probably happens so much with Kelly, that it doesn't phase Will anymore.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll get use to it (as if it happens to me in everyday life...ha!)--maybe I should ask about hair advice from that female inmate? That might stop the whistling...but then, it could also have me mistaken as an inmate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home