RADS Digitized

This site is brought to you by Roz & Dan, dedicated to pass your time and entertain you...Enjoy!




Taken at Leif and Andrea's housewarming, January 2005

EMAIL & MSN: rozzy21@hotmail.com

2.20.2007

Moving Day

It's moving day! Dan and I are finally moving out of my parents' home and into our new condo downtown! Yippee!! We're very excited. About an hourish to go before we're officially out of here. I'm actually feeling pretty emotional about this...as it's my very first move out of this home - the home I grew up in for 20 years. It's a big deal to me! (Insert sobbing). Of course Dan is overjoyed and eager to be out of my parents' home and into our own!

I know my mom is taking this launching thing pretty hard, since my younger brother moved out a few weeks earlier. So the empty nest syndrome is hitting her pretty hard. She's scared of feeling alone and having the house so quiet. I bet once we're out, she'll probably feel lonely for 3 days and then start to celebrate, once she realizes that the house is actually clean for more than a day!

Ok, time to pack the rest of my room (yuck!) The worst part are my clothes- there is so much, it's overwhelming! I'll have to work out a system - ugh. Not looking forward to lugging it out of the house, into my car, and into our condo either. Blech. This afternoon, when Dan and I were moving some smaller items, the realtor told us that we needed to pick up our own elevator keys (across town!) in order to use the elevator. If that wasn't enough, she told us that we have to book the elevator to reserve it. Like, thank you for telling us now! We ended up carrying some boxes up the 5 flights of stairs, but then I had to go to work for a couple hours, so Dan ended up doing it on his own. What a trooper! He did end up sharing the elevator with the construction workers for a bit (but had to do some waiting time). So hopefully tonight, when we go back, the elevator will be free and hopefully, we won't need a key (we didn't end up getting one).

But I guess sitting here on my ass isn't going to make the move any faster...so see you in our new condo!

PS: Dan and I still couldn't find our camera battery recharger - grrr! So I'm really missing my camera right now! I hope to have pix up of our new place soon (I'll have to borrow a friend's camera or something in the mean time!)

1 Comments:

  • At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on moving into your place. I bet you both are super excited to have your own space! As for your mommy, she will be fine... all moms go through that and then you will come home one day and your former room will be transformed into a sewing room or something. Have fun decorating.. that is always the best part :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home