RADS Digitized

This site is brought to you by Roz & Dan, dedicated to pass your time and entertain you...Enjoy!




Taken at Leif and Andrea's housewarming, January 2005

EMAIL & MSN: rozzy21@hotmail.com

2.04.2007

Wow! Long time no post! Sorry for such a huge delay...I still wonder if anyone checks back here! Apparently, they do b/c I've been getting nagged at for not updating the site! Thanks guys! Didn't think it was still popular! We sort of fell off the blogging thing for awhile, and didn't even blog about our last week of our honeymoon, in Hong Kong. We have been so extremely busy since getting back that we haven't had time to update. We'll try to post the rest of the pix and stories up soon!

Dan and I have been extremely busy with our work life. Since getting back from our honeymoon, I've quit the shady agency I was working for. I was a psychologist providing behavioral management to autistic children and their families. I'm now working for a competing agency as a contractor doing the same work, but without the office BS politics, much more therapy hours (i was doing 90% admin at the old job- nothing psych related!), and getting paid quite decently. It's so amazing, I am really happy and it is such a rewarding job. I never thought I'd like it as much as counselling, but I truly do. Meeting these families leaves me in such amazement and awe - there are some families that I work with that have two to three children with autism. Their whole life revolves around their children's needs. I really admire their strengths and resiliency.

The other things I have been doing are counselling inmates at a jail (again) in exchange for supervision from my supervisor (I'm a registered provisional psychologist, which means I am in the process of getting the official title of "registered psychologist"). I'm also volunteering my time working with a group of traumatized children with attachment issues every Friday morning. It is incredibly rewarding to be in the field I am in, and passionate about. On top of all this, I'm also building my private practice in counselling, which is slowly coming along. And I try to make time to study for my EPPP exam (part of becoming a registered psychologist), but it's been somewhat challenging :o)

Dan is also very busy with his work life, so we pretty much only see each other when it's bedtime! That's okay though, we're making it work! He's doing really well. The other good news is that Dan and I will be moving into our new condo downtown (FINALLY!!!!!! After almost 9 months of waiting!!!) by mid Feb! We're still living at home with my parents right now, which is tolerable, but we'd much rather be on our own. We also bought a house in Summerside, and it is being built right now. It will be ready in June-July, so we will only get to live in our condo for about 4 months. We're really excited about all these moves!

That is pretty much life in a nutshell! Hopefully more postings to come! My biggest goal right now (besides building my private practice and working on requirements for registering as a psychologist), is trying to fit back into my pants! I've gained a good 10-15 lbs on my honeymoon (boo! but the food was soooo worth it!) that I can hardly fit into my pants. I've just started fitting into jeans again (yay!) but I'd like to at least lose a few more inches and trim back down to my previous fitter figure. Boy, it's damn hard work I tell ya! I can do it, just have to stay busy (which isn't hard) and away from my parents' pantry (which is hard!)

The journey begins!!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Roz. Just stopping by and gald to see you back and posting. I am still reading when I can!!

    Dana in FL

     
  • At 7:32 PM, Blogger Dan&Roz said…

    Hi Dana! Great to hear from you! Thanks for posting a comment- I always enjoy reading them! Keep on reading! :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home