RADS Digitized

This site is brought to you by Roz & Dan, dedicated to pass your time and entertain you...Enjoy!




Taken at Leif and Andrea's housewarming, January 2005

EMAIL & MSN: rozzy21@hotmail.com

2.23.2006

Crashing and Burning... I'm totally in Survivor Mode right now...as this past week, I really felt drained. In other words, yes, I'm burning out from school courses, studying, reading, working on my thesis paper, counselling, etc. I noticed this among Linda and Meena, two of my other good friends and classmates who are going through the 2 year fast track of grad school with me. For the first time last night, my stress levels have affected my sleep. Since I couldn't sleep, I started reading a book Meena gave to me for christmas, Chicken Soup for the Bride's Soul, which was quite enjoyable, and it helped take my mind off things.

I was eager to talk to my supervisor today regarding my low energies and high stress, and how I can channel it so that it would not affect my skills in providing therapy services. I'm at the point where sometimes, I do not look forward to counselling (and usually, I don't see it as "work" - I love, love, love counselling but my energies are so low that it's hard to gather enough to get through the day).

During group supervision today (where all students come together with supervisors), I broke down. Last minute, I was asked to present because another student wasn't able to make it. Well, usually group supervision is laid back and I don't mind presenting. However, one of the supervisors, whom I met for the first time today, came back from sabatical leave, and just started hardcore sargent drilling me with questions I was not prepared to answer. Normally, I would be able to handle such pressure, but because I was overstresed and overtired, I totally broke down- I cried like a baby in front of the whole group - and I couldn't stop. I was somewhat embarassed, but I also saw it was a sign that my body had enough , and it needed the stress to be released.

Later, I found out that this supervisor is extremely tough, and has had told students in the past that they were not good enough to work at the agency we were at. YIKES! I know she was not trying to put me down, as her style may come across as harsh, but it is probably her way of bringing awareness to our therapy skills. I did appreciate it, but at the same time, today of all days was not the day to take on this pressure.

Soon I'm going to head over to Dan's place, who's making me supper (of course according to my meal plan!), then we're going to watch
Stomp. I can't wait! It's our belated Valentine's day, since we didn't get to celebrate last week. It'll also be a nice break.

FINALLY, I want to shout out a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO my friend, Sholly, who's turning 27 today!!! Have a good one, Shols!!! XOXOX

2 Comments:

  • At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Roz,
    How did you like STOMP?? Adam and I went to the show on Wednesday and we both thought it was amazing!Glad to hear that you are FINALLY taking some time for youreslf. See you soon. Take care of yourself hon!

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Blogger Dan&Roz said…

    Hi Jenelle!
    I LOOOOOOVED stomp!!!!! I can't believe they took everything, including the kitchen sink (!!!) and made music with it! I think my fave scene was the one where they were on the upstairs stage, swinging like monkeys and playing the "drums". that was really awesome. I did like the kitchen sink one too and the chairs! So cool! Makes me want to learn how to tap! Thanks for the sweet words! ;o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home