RADS Digitized

This site is brought to you by Roz & Dan, dedicated to pass your time and entertain you...Enjoy!




Taken at Leif and Andrea's housewarming, January 2005

EMAIL & MSN: rozzy21@hotmail.com

2.12.2006

Catch up!

Hey all! In the past few weeks, I've been pretty busy with school projects, assignments, counselling clients, and slowly chopping away at my thesis paper (very slowly!), there's not much exciting to report. I've hardly even seen Dan in the past couple weeks!

Well there is one thing that's exciting (to me anyways): About 3 weeks ago, I started a figure/fitness "diet", because I'd like to get into ultra lean/toned shape (think models gracing the cover of Oxygen magazine) - NOT big, bulky bodybuilder shape. As most of you know, I'm crazy about being fit and love, love, love working out... so I decided to push my body to the next level (the level I've been trying to accomplish for a long time, with not much success- e.g., Kinetix). I've been thinking about trying some sort of nutritional diet to get myself into figure/fitness shape, and it wasn't until I met a girl who inspired me to get on board to do it.

About 4 weeks ago, Dan and I were over at his neighbour's place, who turns out to be personal trainers at the gym we go to (they are also lesbian and married). Very cool gals! Anyways, they had invited us over for a BBQ dinner, and there, I met a client of theirs, Loraine, who is dieting for bodybuilding. I was intrigued and asked a million questions about her program, and shortly after, I hopped on board, hired the personal trainers to make me a diet as if I was getting in shape for a Fitness/Figure competition.

Basically, I eat the same thing everyday, and my diet consists of 50% protein, 50% carbs. I can eat whenever I want and in addition, I can substitute alot of different foods for each type of food I'm required to eat. Eating the same thing everyday definitely has got my creative juices flowing - I like to make chicken with various spices; try various recipes with egg whites to make them like omlettes, or sweet treats, or oatcakes (with oatmeal). Yogurt is usually my dessert. The BEST part about this is that I totatally do not feel like I'm "dieting" - as I am always eating and don't feel hungry. My fave thing is the calorie-free flavoured syrups (cookie dough is my fave!) that I use in egg white recipes and oatmeal. In fact, oatmeal (usually have it for breaky) would be my fave meal of the day! When made with just the "right" consistency, mixed with the syrups, it can be almost like a dessert. My sweet tooth is satisfied with yogurt, calorie free chocolate syrup, or teas mixed with the syrups.

The only 3 things I (sorta) miss and can't have (unless it's a cheat day) is peanut butter, nuts and cheese (not together)! But these are also the same foods that I tended to overindulge in and probably was the main reason why I wasn't getting the bodyshape I want. In fact, I haven't had a cheat day yet, and I am not tempted to. I've been seeing amazing results; in the first week, the fat literally melted off me! I'm almost 10lbs lighter, and my waist line has shrunk (YAY!) and overall, I look more lean (esp. in the arms). It's so much fun challenging myself, and seeing the changes in my body; I can't wait to see what I'll look like after 8 weeks of being on this "meal plan". My ultimate goal is to get down to about 11-14% body fat (I'm probably at about 25% currently).

Of course, getting married in August has definitely been a huge motivator too! ;o) Dan's been slowly jumping on board with this meal plan too, so it makes it even easier to be consistent. I've already had the ultimate test: friends eating chocolate, ice cream and peanut butter in front of me...and I was not tempted to eat! I notice when I eat high sugar or high fat foods, I feel really tired and sluggish the next day (yuck!), which is another reason I'm not tempted by junk food anymore. I am allowed to start having cheat days but I don't have any desire to. In fact, my first planned cheat meal will be in a couple weeks, for my friend Sholly's birthday. We're going to eat African food (I CAN'T WAIT! I've never really tried alot of African food!)

If I'm brave enough, I might consider posting pictures of my progress...(ha! I bet you're smirking at "lil' miss I love taking photos of me"!) hehe. Yeah...but this is different- I'm up for critique here!

Alrighty, enough self-absorbed talk from moi! I'm in Lacombe/Red Deer this week for Human Sexuality intensive-- whoohoo! A whole week of sex talk!!!! Should be fun!!!

6 Comments:

  • At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good for you... but are you really enjoying life if you are constantly watching what you are eating? I tend to take a more passive approach, I eat what I want and I work out like hell to get it off. It's working so far!! It is totally different for everyone. But best wishes and we will have to get together soon :(

     
  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger Dan&Roz said…

    Hey Jenelle! Thanks for posting your comment! Nice to see that people are reading this blog! haha. Anyways, in response to your post...(sorry,I couldn't help it... but I sorta "analyzed" it). I noticed that people in society today revolve their lives around food so much, and in you asking if I am "really enjoying life if I'm constanting watching what I'm eating" implies and acknowledges this perception - that our culture is obsessed with food. And we are! However, I like to look at my life from a different perspective - from a view that I am challenging myself physically- and in the process, I'm gaining a higher-self esteem about my body image. I've been so frustrated for years about the stupid "belly bulge" and "love handles" -and finally, FINALLY, they are melting away. I can now fit into clothes w/o having to worry about pudge hanging over and feeling crappy about that. In addition, I think muscle is so beautiful, so it's finally nice to see the definition in places I never thought I would (e.g., lines on my stomach/abs, and overall tone, cut arms, etc).
    You're probably one of those lucky people who can work food off easily - but I'm not. I've always worked out hardcore at the gym (I'm not really working out any harder than I did before this meal plan), but I never saw the results, b/c although I ate "healthy", my proportions were WAY TOO BIG.
    Now I'm still eating what I mostly use to, but within reasonable proportions, and w/o the fatty/junk foods. I feel like I have much more energy, and most importantly, I am healthy. Like I mentioned before, I don't feel like I'm dieting, and yes...I definitely am enjoying life b/c I feel better about myself and succeeding in achieving my goals. This is more important to me than overindulging in food. :o)
    Thanks for your post again, I ejoy being able to give feedback, and yes, I'll probably be seeing you on the ski/snowboarding fairmont trip in march!! :D

     
  • At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Holy Smokes, Fu...that's quite the response. I probably would have said to GNL "do whatever works for you", but your response is much more interesting.
    Dan

     
  • At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Roz, You can totally tell that you are in the career you are with a response like that. It is cute! I agree with what you are saying that the world is obsessed with food hense why it is more uncommon for there to be a skinny kid in the class compared to when I was in elementary and it was weird for there to be a fat kid. I wouldn't go as far as to say that I am one of those people that can eat what I want... I definately have my problem areas as we all do. I guess that I am a lucky one and things like running really work for me. WHEN I have the time to stick to it I can really notice resuts. Hopefully I will be able to get out a few times this week as I have the week off for reading week.
    I am excited to see you for the ski trip if you two end up making it. TTYL :)

     
  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Dan&Roz said…

    Jenelle,
    YA! SORRY! I know...even though I try not to analyze, I'm too aware now and do it w/o trying. What a curse! Well, I guess that's a good and a bad thing! haha. Yes I'm SO EXCITED about the ski trip!!!!! Have a great reading week!

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Roz! I haven't checked out what you and Dan have been up to for quite sometime, so I thought I'd see if you are still blogging...and it's nice to see all the new and exciting things going on in your life. I wish you all the best with your new fitness goals...WOW a figure contest, that's great! very inspiring, keep up the positive spirit and stay focused on your goal, How many weeks or months do you have until a possible show date? Man, that would be so cool if you would post your progress pics...any chance? Take care of yourself Roz, I'm glad you are happy and healthy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home