RADS Digitized

This site is brought to you by Roz & Dan, dedicated to pass your time and entertain you...Enjoy!




Taken at Leif and Andrea's housewarming, January 2005

EMAIL & MSN: rozzy21@hotmail.com

6.20.2005

Rollerblading Adventures

This weekend, for our three year anniversary, Dan and I were suppose to head out to Waterton to do some camping and hiking. Unfortunately, there has been flood warnings south of Alberta, so we decided to play it safe, and hang around Edmonton this weekend, and go to Waterton when the weather gets nicer.

On Sunday, it was super sunny and nice out, so we went to buy me some new rollerblades! I'm not much of a rollerblader - I know how to do it, but I'm not very confident yet. My skills depend on the level (incline, flat, decline) of the pavement. I'm pretty good with incline and flat, but anything with decline, I cannot do very well. That- and stopping. Oh boy, stopping consists of reaching out my hands to grasp the closest branch, person, or tree!

Dan and I went to the River Valley so I could test the new blades out. Dan decided to run (he's not big on rollerblading). So for once, I could catch up to him without much effort! hehe. Anyways, I didn't do too bad. Only one big wipeout! Too bad my camera got stolen, or I would have taken a picture of the marks I got from it! It was definitely comparable to my wipeout from running a couple years ago (with Simon)!

There were so many people jogging, biking, rollerblading, etc. in the rivervalley. It really felt awesome to be outside in beautiful nature, with the sun shining. As I was blading past people, they would smile at me, as it was probably quite obvious that I was a "newbie" to rollerblading - since no one else wore kneepads!!!

My favorite was whenever D and I came to a decine, he had to hold me (as if we were tango dancing) and I would have my break on, and together, we would go down the hill. We got tons of smiles from people passing by - probably b/c we looked so cute. Hehe ;o) So although we didn't get to go to Waterton, we still had a nice time outdoors! Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home