RADS Digitized

This site is brought to you by Roz & Dan, dedicated to pass your time and entertain you...Enjoy!




Taken at Leif and Andrea's housewarming, January 2005

EMAIL & MSN: rozzy21@hotmail.com

6.06.2005

Thieves!

I haven't updated in awhile - mainly because of school, but also because our (as in my family) house got broken into on Wednesday, probably late afternoon. We're assuming it was at least two young adolescents because of the items they took, and the things they did to our house.

They had gone into our backyard shed, found some gardening gloves and tools to pry open the kitchen window (which is right beside the shed) to get into the house. They pretty much turned mine and my brother's room inside out, and upside down. All my desk drawers were left opened, my memory boxes were all opened, my closet and the drawers inside were opened - even the back of my picture frames were opened. They did not take much from me, aside from my prized posession - my camera!!! (GRRRR). Lucikly, there were no important photos on there. They also took my purse (which did not have any cash), but was nice enough to leave behind hair elastics, a chapstick, and my little cute stuffed dog keychain that was attached to my purse. I think a nice butterfly necklace and a free movie pass was in the purse.

They also took some Cineplex Odeon Platnam Plus movie tickets (six to be exact)from my room. My mom still had the receipt for when she bought them, and it indicated the numbers printed on each ticket -so I called every Cineplex Odeon theatre to see if they could keep track of the numbers on the tickets, to find the thieves that way. Unfortunately, there are so many of these tickets that come to through everyday, that they don't have the time to be searching. Even if they did find the culprits, tehy could easily say that it was a gift. But seriously! I think that if they REALLY wanted to catch them, they could!!!! . But I understand, the crime just isn't that big of a deal in the bigger scheme of things.

They took my bro's laptop (which is useless to them b/c it's locked with a password), and some old credit cards, an old cell phone and old cheques (haha, i hope they try to use them!) from my bro.

Ok, all that stuff was not that bad - but they had the nerve to take OUR INTERNET MODEM, CABLES and HUB!!!!! That was probably what pissed me off the most, since everyone knows how much I need my email/internet fix!!! (Obviously, this has now been taken care of, and my internet is back up and running! YAY!) I am just SUPER thankful they did not take my computer (probably b/c it's so shitty) b/c I have so much valuable school stuff on here. I know, I'm such a nerd.

The funniest items they took were brand new toothbrushes and new chapstick from our daily supply closet. In addition, they ate a chocolate bar that has been sitting in my room for over 2 years. Ewww.

They had to go as low as slashing up our nice, leather couches, and putting a pop can in our freezer to let it explode. Bastards!

Really, despite all this, I am not really angry (what's the point?) I just want these kids to get some help (must be the fact that I have softened since I counsel inmates). The ironic thing is, I'm usually at home doing schoolwork on Wednesdays, but that day, I had decided to go work at the jail. I'm wondering if it was a coincidence or if these kids had watched us leave (creepy!)

My dad stayed home on Friday all day, to talk with the insurance dude and although I've always laughed at the radio ads about Alarm Force - we actually ended up getting on installed. The theives also took a couple of our spare keys, and dad thinks they must have tried calling 3 times on Friday to see if we were home. Each time he answered, they would hang up.

Anyway, short funny story about the Alarm. My whole family gathered around the telephone (this is how you arm/disarm it) to learn how to arm/disarm the system. Well, dad decided to show us how to arm it, but as soon as he did it, he realized that he didn't know how to disarm it! So picture this - the four of us huddling in the kitchen, motion sensors all around us...alarm is armed and we were trying to minimize our movements as much as possible. Poor mom was getting a bit mad, talking through clenched teeth, "Hurry up, figure it out! I dont' want to stand here all night!" Too late. The motion sensors must have detected some movement and started to beep intensely.

Suddenly...a voice comes over "STOP! THIS IS ALARM FORCE!!!!" And then an operator comes on, "Hello, is everything okay?" We said yes and told her we were trying out the new alarm. She asked for a password code (so that we could identify ourselves), and then she said goodbye. PAUSE . We frantically shouted for her to come back, and luckily, she did, and we asked her how to disarm the system. She walked us through it step by step, and hung up when we were successful. It was quite an amusing experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home