RADS Digitized

This site is brought to you by Roz & Dan, dedicated to pass your time and entertain you...Enjoy!




Taken at Leif and Andrea's housewarming, January 2005

EMAIL & MSN: rozzy21@hotmail.com

1.28.2005

RELIEF!

Well, I was almost close to having a total meltdown two nights ago, as you can probably tell by my last posting!

But, last night, I finished the two papers that are due this coming Tuesday, and I managed to get permission to begin counselling, even though my criminal record check has not been completed (i.e., mailed to my home). The placement I'm at is very understanding about my circumstances, and I'm sure they know my record is clean anyways! C'mon! Do I really look like a criminal to you!? Ok, don't answer that.

So today, I was very excited and anxious to begin counselling, but like always when I'm there, it is SO SLOW! We only had 2 clients in today (and I was there for a 6 hour shift!), so I got to sit in and co-therapy with another lady. Regardless, it was a productive day because I got to study for my upcoming exam as well. I just pray that I get a couple or family to work with REALLY SOON so I can start videotaping! That is what I'm still a bit stressed about.

I'm going to work at my other placement (at the jail)tomorrow. Counselling inmates has been an excellent experience so far (I know some of you might be surprised to read about that!) but honestly, I look forward to seeing the people on my caseload every Friday. I find the sessions to be very interesting and it's nice to know that some of them really appreciate the help I am giving them. Maybe this sounds like I'm being naive, but I know that some of them are ready to turn their lives around, mostly because they have children.

Ok, signing off...until next time....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home