RADS Digitized

This site is brought to you by Roz & Dan, dedicated to pass your time and entertain you...Enjoy!




Taken at Leif and Andrea's housewarming, January 2005

EMAIL & MSN: rozzy21@hotmail.com

6.21.2006

JUDGEMENT DAY



Here on my panel, are my 3 supervisors: Will (from the jail I counselled at), Mike (from The Family Center), and Doris (my school case class supervisor/professor). All three supervisors have taught me an amazing amount of knowledge and helped me become the therapist I am today! Thank you Will, Mike & Doris. I will forever be grateful!

The defend consists of 3 main parts:

PART I: Orally defending my thesis, which is on what I believe the nature of: humans; personality; problems (I call them attempted solutions); change; therapy (I call it the "therapeutic experience"); and my role/journey as a therapist. This was basically a question and answer period.

PART II: I present a case report and 2 video tapes of myself counseling a couple/family I worked with. The first tape is from an early session with the couple, showing the problem and dynamics. The second tape is from a later session, showing change...in the couple, but more importantly, in myself as a therapist. It must show progress, and everything I do/say must reflect & be congruent with what I wrote in my thesis.

PART III: I am given 7 minutes to assess a Case Vignette (example) and orally defend how I would approach the case. Must hit certain key issues regarding the case. This was the part I was most nervous about!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home